In the month of August, we weren’t able to meet together as a church, but we continued to help in our community, thanks to your donations! Here’s a brief report:
• La Zapotera Community Center closed when the shutdown due to COVID-19 began. While the center has not reopened, volunteers are preparing breakfast to go for around 60 children three days per week. Lakeside Presbyterian is funding this project.
• Our church is also planning a new school breakfast program in a nearby village called La Cuesta. We’ll let you know more soon.
• So far this year we have delivered 908 despensas – half of them funded by Chapala Sunrise Rotary and half paid for by Lakeside Presbyterian.
• We have been delivering children’s clothing along with the despensas where needed. (We need more children’s clothes if you have any to donate!)
• 200 hot meals were delivered last month to the drug centers in Chapala and Mezcala.
THANK YOU for all you do to support the ministry outreach efforts of Lakeside Presbyterian Church!