Jesus said, “You will always have the poor among you.” Does that mean we don’t have to try to eradicate poverty? Or even help a poor person? Today’s video devotional addresses that issue. You can watch it here.
Ernest Gabbard brings our video devotional today. You can watch it here.
Wayne’s video devotional today is about forgiveness. You can watch it here.
Jane Pifer shares a video devotional about joy! You can watch it here.
Tom Emmerson has been talking about poverty in our devotionals. Today, Carolyn Hansen offers a video devotional about the issue of wealth. You can watch it here.
In the month of August, we weren’t able to meet together as a church, but we continued to help in our community, thanks to your donations! Here’s a brief report:
• La Zapotera Community Center closed when the shutdown due to COVID-19 began. While the center has not reopened, volunteers are preparing breakfast to go for around 60 children three days per week. Lakeside Presbyterian is funding this project.
• Our church is also planning a new school breakfast program in a nearby village called La Cuesta. We’ll let you know more soon.
• So far this year we have delivered 908 despensas – half of them funded by Chapala Sunrise Rotary and half paid for by Lakeside Presbyterian.
• We have been delivering children’s clothing along with the despensas where needed. (We need more children’s clothes if you have any to donate!)
• 200 hot meals were delivered last month to the drug centers in Chapala and Mezcala.
THANK YOU for all you do to support the ministry outreach efforts of Lakeside Presbyterian Church!
Belva’s devotional for today is from 2 Timothy 1:7. Please watch it here.
Tom Emmerson is continuing his devotional series on poverty. You can watch it here!
Why was there a need for the Reformation? That’s Dr. Wayne Cook’s devotional for today. You can watch it here.
We have a new devotional available from Carla! You can watch it here.